Friday, January 21, 2011

OUT Sick...........

I have not posted anything, since December, because I have been out sick. I have to say, so far, 2011 has not been good for me. I spent 3 days in the hospital, and I am recovering verrrry slowly at home, but the doctors are just kinda guessing what's wrong, but they don't really know anything definitive. Flu Virus acting weird? GERD? autoimmune(your body cant't tell a flu or cold virus from your own body)? I am fortunate to have good health insurance, but even with that, I see what a mess the healthcare systems is and I don't know what the answer is. I can't imagine what people without health insurance do?

However, I do need to take my hat off to the nurses and patient care techs in our clinics and hospitals because I think they are the backbone of our system. When I see the amount of work they have to do, it amazes me. As for the doctors, I am reserving judgement. I started out with one doctor who diagnosed me in her office from her chair, without once getting up and at least listening to my heart of looking in my ears or sinuses. I think my current doctor is very good, but I am waiting an reserving judgement.

I will continue to write about restaurants and I have some posts waiting since December. (I have been too sick to go out the last few weeks.) However, I think this year, I would like to focus on healthcare and my experiences and I maybe would like to explore alternative medicine. Also, something I have been pondering, do we have too much information available to us about different illnesses and healthcare. Knowledge is power, but sometimes you can have too much information.

No comments: