Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Tampa Bay Brewing - Ybor City, FL

With the number of local breweries opening around the Tampa Bay area, I have been trying a number of places that make or host our local beers.  One that I was very happy to try was Tampa Bay Brewing in Ybor city.  It is apparently a very popular place, because we stopped in on a weeknight and it was bursting at the seams with people.  It seemed like a very happy crowd and everyone appeared to be having fun.  We were seated at a very large booth, and a server was promptly there to describe some of their beers and answer any questions we might have about them.  I decided to go with a weizen beer because I have not yet learned to acquire a taste for overly hoppy beers that seems to fit the the flavor profile of a lot of craft beers.  The weizen was a very good choice and I happily sipped away.  I did sneak a taste of my son's root beer that they make there and I thought it was very good for those of you out there who enjoy a good root beer.

I am happy to say the food here was very good and the beer is not the only star of the show.  I tried the
Brew House Cheese Burger, the fish and chips, and the shepard's pie.  Everything was very good, especially the shepherd's pie, which is always a favorite of mine.  Even though the servings were huge and ample for sharing, I couldn't resist trying the Deep Dish Apple Crisp, which is another favorite of mine.  I am glad I didn't pass that up because it was delicious!  I would recommend this as a stop if visiting Ybor City to experience some local brews and fun.

Tampa Bay Brewing
1600 East 8th Avenue
Ybor City, FL  33605
Tampa Bay Brewing Company on Urbanspoon

No comments: