Thursday, May 13, 2010

St Pete Brasserie - St Petersburg, FL


My family and I had a chance to attend the 600 block art party this past weekend in downtown St Petersburg. This was an awesome event and that gave locals and visitors alike a chance to visit recent and new openings of art galleries on the 600 block. It was a fun evening with live music and models on the street. Before heading over there, my family and I wanted to have an evening meal at the nearby St Pete Brasserie. For those regular readers of my blog, I had posted about my experience in December that didn't exactly go as expected. However, I wanted to stop by again because I had heard some good things from people who have ate there recently. Also, as I mentioned in my last post, stuff can and will happen in any restaurant and that should not deter one from going back and giving any place another try. Whatever the case, we went back and I was wowed. When I first read the menu with excitement, THIS was the experience I was looking and hoping for that night. Let me tell all about it.

We were quickly given a nice table. For drinks, we started with a Bloody Mary for my husband and a nice Rose for myself. I don't drink Bloody Mary's myself, but my husband said they have one of the best tasting ones in town. We started our meal with the onion tart that we had tried last time. The tart was delicious and a nice light wine like a rose paired wonderfully with it. I decided to go with the prix fixed menu that include soup, salad and an entree. The soup I had that night was a chicken and mushroom with rice. This was a delicious soup with a lovely brown broth and the mushrooms gave it a nice smokey flavor. After my son tried my soup, I had to share with him he liked it so much. This was followed by a nice salad and shortly thereafter, our meal arrived.

My son ordered the burger with brie and pommes frites. Not much on adventure, he left the aioli and other toppings off. I got a chance to taste his burger, which turned out great. If I am in a mood for a burger, this is where I am heading. My husband again ordered the vegetable risotto, which was the only vegetarian entree on the menu. The risotto was so rich and creamy and just absolutely delicious. However, for me, the star of the show was the Beef Bourguignon. The beef was fork tender and absolutely divine over rice. My only regret was that we were heading to the 600 block party afterward, so I couldn't take my leftovers with me because it was so good and a very hearty portion. We finished with a trio of creme brulee which was a perfect end to the meal.

I am so happy that I went back to the St Pete Brasserie because we had such a wonderful experience that evening and it really adds something nice to Central Avenue. My family and I look forward to going back again.

St Pete Brasserie
539 Central Avenue
St Petersburg, FL 33701
727-823-6372

St. Pete Brasserie on Urbanspoon

No comments: