Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Frog Pond - St Pete Beach, FL




Frogs, frogs, and more frogs is what my family and I saw when we walked in the door to the Frog Pond. It was really quite endearing to see the frog nicknacks and paintings that seemed to be everywhere on the walls and shelves in the restaurant. The restaurant is a casual sort of place and has a nice country kitchen sort of feel with very friendly and helpful servers.

After we chose a table, our server was quick to take our drink order and tell us the specials of the day. After my son heard chocolate chip pancakes were the special of the day, it was easy for him to decide what he would be having for breakfast. I was already in a pancake sort of mood, so I ordered the standard buttermilk pancakes. For my husband, the "Krab" Crepes sounded just like the perfect thing. After a reasonable wait, our food arrived. The portions were HUGE. Our pancakes plates each held big pancakes and the Krab crepes were hardy portions, also including large portions of fried potatoes and fruit. As an added bonus, the syrup brought to the table was warmed up, so no cold syrup to cool the pancakes down. The pancakes were absolutely delicious. The chocolate chip pancakes were so good by themselves that they didn't even need syrup and I loved my pancakes with the warm syrup. The Krab crepe was good and we especially loved the fried potatoes served with them. The nice thing about the large portions was that it was easy for us to share, but we still ended up leaving quite a bit of food just because the portions were so big. Also, I have to say the servers were very good about frequently circulating around the restaurant with the coffee pots, so I never had a empty cup. A good experience, with portions big enough for sharing.

The Frog Pond
7390 Gulf Blvd
St Pete Beach, FL 33706
727-363-7205


Frog Pond on Urbanspoon

No comments: