Saturday, December 3, 2011

Laughing Cat Bar - Ybor(Tampa), FL






One Friday afternoon, my family and I decided to head to Laughing Cat Bistro for lunch. This restaurant is a friendly little place located just off the main drag in Ybor. Nothing fancy, just great food. We were quickly seated at a table and given a description of the wines. Then our server told us we had a choice of dining from the lunch buffet or from the dinner menu. I took a quick peek at the lunch buffet, which looked really good, and was very reasonable priced, but I decided I wanted to order from the dinner menu.

While waiting for our wines, we looked over the menu. We decided to start with an Eggplant Rollatini, which was eggplant wrapped around ricotta cheese and covered with a lovely tomato sauce. For our entrees, we chose the penne alla vodka and the farfalle al granchio, which was a crab and cream based sauce. While waiting for our food to come out, we were served with a huge basket of bread. Then, our appetizers and entrees came out and they were huge, but more importantly, delicious. The eggplant appetizer was great and by the time we were done with that, we were already full. Then the entrees arrived and they were just as good, but we could barely make a dent after the appetizer. However, this was fine as we had leftovers for lunch the next day. All during our meal the service was very attentive and we never lacked for anything. I would have liked to try dessert, but did I mention I was full?

1811 North 15th Street
Tampa, FL 33605
813-241-2998

Laughing Cat on Urbanspoon

No comments: