Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Boca Kitchen Bar Market - Hyde Park (Tampa), FL






A long Labour day weekend on our hands, the family and I made a trip over to Boca in Tampa for Saturday brunch.  We had long heard great things about Boca, but we just had to make the trip when we heard Andrew "Wilko" Wilkins has joined them as general manager.  For those of you who don't know Wilko, he brought us the awesome dining experience that is the St Pete Brasserie and others.  We knew he would be part of something awesome, so with that in mind, we went to check Boca out.

We were met at the door by the parking valet as Boca offers complimentary parking.  Boca is a very rustic looking place that is casual and relaxing.  We were shown to a table and I loved the cute little potted basil that was on our table.  We ordered a beer for the gentleman and I ordered a Huckleberry Hound from the craft cocktail menu.  The drink was a mixture of blueberries, ginger, lime, and vodka.  I thought the addition of ginger to the cocktail was very refreshing.  On our server's suggestion, we started off with an order of the Apricot Mega muffins served with caramelized apple butter.  Each order comes with three muffins and they are HUGE.  They were very yummy, and we had leftovers to take home as it was way more than we could eat for a starter.  On to the main course....

We tried the OMG Prime House Burger which is served with their own special sauce, lettuce, tomato, pickled onions, white cheddar, and a side of fries.  No wonder why it is called an OMG burger because it was absolutely delicious.  It was tender, smoky, and my idea of a perfect burger.  It seemed hard to top the burger, but my smoked corned beef hash served with my choice of scrambled eggs, and fried potatoes and peppers was a winner.  If you haven't ever had the pleasure of smoked corned beef, this is the place to try it.  I have to say the servings are large, so unless you have a real hearty appetite, these are leftovers you will be happy to take home.  By the end, I couldn't eat another bite, but I had to try the Honey Badger drink, which was a great end to my meal. I definitely have Boca in mind for many future brunches.

Boca Kitchen-Bar-Market
901 West Platt St
Tampa, FL  33606
813-254-7070


Boca Kitchen Bar Market on Urbanspoon

No comments: