Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Return from Europe


Well, the fun is over and time to return to earth. When I last posted, I had about one week to plan and arrange a trip to Europe for my family and I. As this was a very spontaneous thing, our plans changed a least a dozen times, but by time we landed in Milan, we had it all figured out. When it was all said and done we traveled to the following cities:

Milan, Italy
Geneva, Switzerland
Chambery, France
Rome, Italy

Of course, being who we are it was crazy, but fun. We ate a lot of good food and drank a lot of good wine and beer. And being August, it was hot. However, the heat did not deter us and the evenings were gorgeous. As Europeans tend to stay up later, this worked out great for us. Over the next few days, or weeks, and I am going to talk about my trip to Europe. Some of my posts will be informative, while others will be impressions and thoughts about the people and countries, and the cultures of the places we visited.

Oh, and lest I forget, my husband took a lot of really beautiful photos of our trip, which I will be posting along with my posts. For this post, I have attached a photo of a train. This is one of the things I love about traveling in Europe. They get you where you want to get, without any hassle. You do not need to rent a car to travel in Europe, if you are sticking to the cities. The only reason I would ever see the need to rent a car is if you want to travel to the countryside or perhaps you are doing a tour of the various wine regions, for example. But if you are sticking to the cities, don't even think about renting a car because the rail and metro systems of the cities within Europe are great.

No comments: