Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Dubliner Irish Pub - South Tampa


One Sunday, my family and I headed over to south Tampa to hear My Little Trotsky play some music. We have heard them a couple of times now, and as usual, they gave a very good performance. Anyway, they were playing at The Dubliner Irish Pub, at their South Tampa location. We had never been there before, but we always love pubs and were eager to try out a new one. This was a nice location just off Howard Street and they have a lovely set up. The outside patio was surrounded by old, shady trees and would have been nice to sit, if it had not decided to rain that afternoon. Nonetheless, the inside was just as lovely with plenty of stools at the bars and bar tables throughout. Kinda of nice too, because the inside bar was connected to the outside bar, so the bartenders are able to work between the two easily.

As far as the food went, it was good. I can hardly go to an Irish pub without ordering Shepard's Pie, and this instance was no exception. It was a very good Shepard's Pie, and while not my favorite version, it left me fully satisfied and happy with my choice. Everybody else went with burgers, and I thought those were good, too. Add a cold Smithwick's to our meal, and along with the good music, it made for a lovely afternoon. There is not much more to add, and all I can suggest is go over and try it yourself. They have one pub in south Tampa and one in North Tampa.

The Dubliner Irish Pub
2307 West Azeele Street
Tampa, FL 33609
813-258-2257

Dubliner Irish Pub on Urbanspoon

No comments: