Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Mazzaro's Italian Market - St Petersburg, FL


I love Mazzaro's and I can never go there without going wild. This is a great Italian market. Inevitably, I go there with my list and I come out with more than I had ever planned to buy. The whole mood of the place contributes to a buying frenzy. You walk in the door and Italian music is playing in the background. There is cheese hanging from the ceiling and wine bottles abounding in every nook and cranny, and that doesn't even include the wine and cheese room, which are also amazing.

They have a good meat counter if you desire to cook yourself, or head in back and grab something from the deli, which has many good things to tempt you. Recently, I had the spaghetti pie, which I had never tried before, and I thought it was delicious. I had got some beef lasagna and turkey to go along with it, but the spaghetti pie was wonderful all by itself. Don't forget to peek around the case in back where they have fresh pasta, filled ravioli, filled manicotti, etc. Then there is the wonderful bakery where you can buy something to go or perhaps you want to buy something and enjoy it with your coffee at the coffee bar in Mazzaro's.

Also, I do not want to forget to mention the grocery aisle's where you can find your dried pasta, olive oil, chocolate, herbs, sauces, etc...... There are too many things to mention, so I suggest try it out for yourself, if you haven't already.

Mazzaro's Italian Market

2909 22nd Avenue North
St Petersburg, FL 33713
727-321-2400

Mazzaro's Italian Market on Urbanspoon

No comments: