Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Yacht Sales Cafe - St Petersburg, FL


I discovered this little spot when I was out for a 3 mile run with my son and husband one Saturday. Up to this point, I had never heard of its existence, and after my visit there, I wish I had known about it sooner. Just south of the Dali museum in downtown St Pete, it is an unassuming spot with a relaxing atmosphere that is helped along by the yachts along the waterfront. The food is simple, but good. There are a few beers on tap to choose from along with some bottled beer and there are 2-3 wine choices. The food consists mainly of soup or sandwiches and you can pick up chips or a few bakery items from the counter. I believe they also offer grouper. I have been there twice, and I have tried the egg salad sandwich and the philly cheesesteak, which were both good. Again, this is simple food at its finest and it is great tossed down with a cold beer. The people working there are friendly and efficient. Order you food at the counter, and they bring it out to your table outside in a flash. As an added plus for the budget minded, draft beers and food are inexpensive. It is a great place to pass a relaxing Saturday afternoon for me.

Yacht Sales Cafe
1110 3rd Street South
St Petersburg, FL 33701
727-388-5881

Yacht Sales Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments: