Thursday, September 16, 2010

Peg's Cantina - Gulfport, FL





I love the laid back atmosphere of Gulfport and I have had the fun of exploring it recently with my family, and even more fun trying some of the restaurants in the area. I noticed Peg's Cantina on my last visit to Gulfport, but unfortunately, it was not open during that time, as it is only open for lunch on Saturdays. The rest of the week it is open for dinner only, and closed on Monday's(per their website). Peg's is a charming little bungalow turned into a restaurant. There are a number of tables outside, a patio dining area, and a limited seating area for indoor dining. We opted to dine outside.

A server was quick to bring us a menu and take our drink order. We were definitely there to try the beer as they have some of their own brews. We opted for a white wheat beer that was perfect for the hot weather. In addition to their own brews, they offer some guest brews made locally and from around the world, so they have a good selection here.

The food here was awesome. We started off with some chips, salsa, and guacamole. I really liked the guacamole here. For entrees, my son ordered the margarita pizza which was yummy with its thin and crispy crust. My husband and I both tried the shrimp burritos that had been recommended to us by a frequent diner there. The shrimp is sauteed in salsa fuega and was absolutely delicious. We were kind of glad we ordered the same thing because it was too good to share. Our burritos were served with beans and rice, but you can opt for a salad instead. Good beer, great food, and a relaxing atmosphere made for a great evening!

Peg's Cantina

3038 Beach Blvd.
Gulfport, FL
727-328-2720

Peg's Cantina on Urbanspoon

No comments: