Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Jaxson's Ice Cream Parlor and Restaurant - Dania Beach, FL






I went to Jaxson's Ice Cream Parlor, and I have been dreaming about it ever since. My family and I recently met up there with a friend of ours and her family on her recommendation. This is a place our friend had been going to since a teenager, and she introduced it to us. This place has been around a lot longer than our friend, since 1956 it has been serving up ice cream and food. The outside of the restaurant looks like it belongs to a different era. Walking inside Jaxson's, there is a small candy store that sells candy like I remember from back in the day, when I was a young child.

We were all given a table, then we took a few minutes to look over the ice cream menu. My eyes about popped out of my head at the number of delicious choices. My family was going to order an individual ice cream for each person, but noticing that my friend was ordering an ice cream to share with her husband because she said the ice cream desserts are huge, I decided to order one to share. I chose the Towering Short Cakes, which is pound cake topped with vanilla ice cream, strawberries and whipped cream. Oh, my goodness, it was so delicious and words cannot describe how much I enjoyed it. I was so glad that we decided to share, because my husband and I could not finish that ice cream between the two of us. This was supposed to be an afternoon snack, but after that, we were pretty much done eating for the rest of the day. The only sad thing about this place is that it is four hours away from where we live. If you live in the area or are visiting the area, this is a must stop place for the taste and experience.

128 South Federal Highway
Dania Beach, FL 33004
954-923-4445


Jaxson's Ice Cream Parlor & Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments: