Saturday, January 7, 2012

Frida's Cafe & Bakery - Largo, FL




I have my regular weekday coffee place to get my coffee and morning sweet fix, but one day I decided to take a little trip to mix my weekday routine up a bit. With that in mind, I headed over to Frida's. Stepping in the door, the cafe was nothing fancy, but that didn't matter, as my eyes were drawn to the big bakery case filled with all sorts of delectable looking bakery items.
Behind the bakery display case there were racks filled with donuts and other goodies. I wasn't sure what to pick at first, as there were too many things to pick from, but my eyes were drawn to a small cheesecake dessert. This yummy sweet was surrounded by almonds and topped with raspberry jam and an almond paste that was baked, so that it had a delicate crispy crust. I was very happy with my selection. They offer regular coffee and espresso drinks. I ordered a latte, but I think I would have been better off with a regular coffee, as the latte was just so-so. Besides sweets, they also offer breakfast and lunch. This was quite a trek for me to go to on a regular basis, but if I wanted to pick up some elegant and tasty desserts to take home, this would be a first pick for me.

9700 Ulmerton Road
Largo, FL 33771
727-587-7077



Frida's Cafe & Bakery on Urbanspoon

No comments: