Monday, January 2, 2012

Venezia Restaurant - Sarasota, FL


A sudden rain storm forced me to find shelter from the rain, when walking around Saint Armand's Circle in Sarasota. As I walked by the Venezia Restaurant with its large front windows, it looked like just the right kind of spot to escape from the rain. I picked one of the high topped bar tables facing the huge windows, so I could enjoy a glass of wine and watch the rainfall. The view was lovely inside with cool art all along one wall with a seemingly nice vibe. I ordered a glass of pinot grigio and bruschetta for an appetizer. I enjoyed the glass of wine, but the tomatoes for the bruschetta fell flat. The right combination of garlic, tomatoes, and basil were there, except the refrigerated tomatoes ruined it. You know how they always tell you not to refrigerate tomatoes because they get mushy, well that is what they did here. It was such a simple thing that was almost right, but that one important little thing made the difference. I would definitely give the place a try again if I am in Sarasota, but I would carefully consider the menu before ordering.

Venezia Restaurant
373 Saint Armand's Circle
Sarasota, FL 34236
941-388-1400

Venezia on Urbanspoon

No comments: