Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Skipper's Smokehouse - Tampa, FL


Go, go, go!!! This is an experience not to be missed. I went to Skipper's on Sunday night for Christie Lenee's cd release celebration, which was a phenomenal performance by Christie. This was my first visit to Skipper's and I wasn't sure what to expect. I am happy to say it was a cool experience. The property is a hodge podge of restaurant, bar, and outdoor concert venue thrown together to form Skipper's. It is simple and basic and that is the charm of the place.

To start off, we ordered dinner from the restaurant. I ordered the breaded shrimp and my husband ordered the smoked mullet. Dinner comes with hush puppies and choice of sides. Both the shrimp and mullet were good and very satisfying. If you like, you can do as we did and take a tray with your food out to the outdoor concert arena to enjoy your food. There are benches and tables of a sort outside.

You can buy your drinks from the bar inside the arena. I have to say the crowd there is a very ecclectic mix and it is a fun venue for all ages. Along with the big kids dancing, there were little kids tearing around and burning off their excess energy dancing. The music was great and the outdoor arena provided plenty of shade, so no worry about being scorched by the sun. With the great live music venue that Skipper's offers, this is a place I plan to drop by often. You can check out their website for upcoming live music shows.

Skipper's Smokehouse
910 Skipper Road
Tampa, FL 33613
813-971-0666

Skipper's Smokehouse on Urbanspoon

No comments: