Sunday, May 31, 2009

Bowled - St Petersburg, FL


I went to this place for Sunday brunch. Luckily, I had heard good things about this place from another person, otherwise I would not have known it was there. In fact, the outside of the restaurant is very plain with nothing in particular to attract attention to its existence, but when you step inside, it is another thing altogether. The decoration has a nice groove and is very pleasing to the eye. We ordered the mimosas to go with our brunch and they were very nice. My husband ordered the Bowled Burger with cheddar cheese and it was all served on a roll. I had a taste of the burger and thought it was very good. For myself, I ordered the Asian bowl with Shrimp and soy and ginger glazed vegetables all served over jasmine rice, which we both thought was delicious. Later on, we finished with coffee and the strawberry crepes. The coffee was super and rivaled some of my favorite coffee places. The only disappointment was the strawberry crepes. I was expecting a warm crepe and it was not that at all because it was cold. Not cold as in they brought it out too late, but cold as in it tasted like they had pulled the crepe and strawberries straight out of the refrigerator. If not for that one disappointment, it would have been a perfect meal. I will definitely be back again, but next time I would like to try the dinner because it looks like a lovely place to come in the evening.

Bowled Restaurant
3451 4th Street North
St Petersburg, FL 33704
727-895-2695

Bowled Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments: