Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Into the Great Beyond....Minnesota



Recently, I had a chance to return to my home state for a visit. As you can tell by the title of my post, I hail from Minnesota. Once upon a time, my family and I were lucky enough to escape to Florida and its warm climate, but every so often Minnesota calls me back. Although in this instance, it was Katie Melua calling me to Minnesota. For those of you don't know Katie, she is one of the top female vocalists in the UK and she is now doing her introductory tour in the US, and she was performing in Minnesota. I will talk more about her in a later post.

So anyway, I was in Minnesota for six days and some of the next posts will cover my trip. Let me summarize the weather for this trip right now: predictably unpredictable. Minnesota is interesting this way and this is why you will invariably hear Minnesotan's talking about the weather wherever you go. This trip was in May, however the weather was nice one day out of six, with the other five days being cold and gray. It was all good though because it was a refreshing break from Florida where it is starting to get hot. Also, it helped that I brought along a variety of clothing to cover whatever weather elements Minnesota might throw at me.

To sum up this trip in one sentence: we ate, we drank, we ran in the park, and we listened to Katie Melua's performance.

No comments: