Friday, June 11, 2010

Daily Eats - Tampa, FL





I think I have finally found my new, favorite breakfast place in Tampa's Soho District - Daily Eats. My family and I went to try it out on Memorial day and it was packed. We put our name on the list and had about a twenty minute wait to get a table. During our time there, there was constantly a line of people waiting for a table. Although it is no fun waiting for a table, I always figure it is a good sign that I will be eating good food. While waiting, I also noticed the drink specials on the board featured a blueberry mimosa, which I had never tried before, but knew I would be trying today.

After our short wait, we were seated at one of the booths and our drink orders were taken. The blueberry mimosas were delicious and a nice change from traditional OJ mimosas that are also on the menu here. I decided to order the Tijuana breakfast bowl and a short stack of pancakes. The Tijuana breakfast bowl is nicely spiced vegetarian chili and eggs served over home fries. I also had sour cream and jalapeno peppers added. This was very good and satisfied my need for something spicy to start the day. I loved the pancakes and they were nice and fluffy with a hint of cinnamon. My husband opted to go with the greek omelette, which I also thought was very nice and substantial. Along with that he had grits that were tasty and not watered down like some places. My son went for a burger and fries. He enjoyed his burger, but I didn't try a bite of his burger because as kids will sometime do, it was rather smothered in ketchup, so I didn't really think I would be able to taste the burger underneath all the ketchup.

All in all, I really loved the vibe of the place, and the food was delicious. Daily Eats has an extensive menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner, so I will definitely be back there. Like I said previously, it is busy, so be prepared to wait for a table, especially on weekend mornings. However, the food is well worth the wait.

Daily Eats
901 South Howard Avenue
Tampa, FL 33606
(813) 868-3335

Daily Eats on Urbanspoon

No comments: