Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Garden - downtown St Petersburg, FL



I had a very pleasant dining experience there the other night. I went there on a Monday night with my family, and we grabbed a booth, just inside the main door next to the bar. It was a very relaxing room to sit in and was nice with oldies music playing softly in the background. Our server was quick to take our drink order. I went with the house white zinfandel, while my husband went with the house cabernet. While relaxing with our drinks, we looked over the menu.

It was a very easy choice for us to make our menu picks. My husband went for the pesto pasta, which he loves. For myself, the mushroom lover, I went with the penne that was served with a brandy, onion, and porcini cream sauce. My son was easy to predict, he went for the burger and fries. Both of the pastas were vegetarian, so my husband and I were able to enjoy each other's pasta, but I enjoyed my mushroom penne the best. I tried a bite of my son's cheeseburger, which I loved, and we all agreed that the fries were real good. Again, it was a nice atmosphere and a good place to unwind. The only thing I maybe would have liked is some more wine choices. Next time, I need to try it on a Friday or Saturday night when they are playing live Jazz music. Per the Gardens website, trombonist Buster Cooper has been playing there since 1995 and he is someone not to be missed!

The Garden and The Lobby

217 Central Avenue
St Petersburg, FL 33701
727-896-3800

Garden on Urbanspoon

No comments: