Saturday, June 26, 2010

Red Mesa - 4th Street St Petersburg, FL


I went with my son on a busy Friday night to try the Red Mesa on Fourth Street. We had about a twenty minute wait, but like I always say, that is a good sign when people are waiting to eat the food. I don't want to walk into an empty restaurant, unless it is outside of the normal lunch or dinner hour. After our short wait, we were seated at one of the tables in the middle of the restaurant, which gave me a good view all around. The appearance of the restaurant is rather low-key, and nothing too out of the box. However, the appearance of the restaurant was the only thing that was low-key, because the food was absolutely great.

I ordered one of the margaritas on the rocks, which was nice. Along with our drinks, we had a basket of tortilla chips and salsa that was also good. I decided to order the chicken enchiladas, which turned out to be a good choice. I loved the fact that one of the enchiladas is covered in salsa roja and one in salsa verde, so that I had a lovely flavor combination. Beans and rice were served along with the enchiladas. My son had the shrimp tacos, which were very tasty. Overall, we had a lovely experience and I have a reason to venture up 4th Street more often.

Red Mesa

4912 4th Street North
St Petersburg, FL 33703
727-527-8728

Red Mesa Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments: