Wednesday, November 3, 2010

changing widgets.....

Today, after almost a year and a half of being #1, I decided to remove an urbanspoon widget from my blog - I removed the #1 ranked blog widget. Although I still retain the ranking, it lost some of its appeal after going over some of the other blogs on urbanspoon. Some bloggers seem to be in it for the numbers or ranking, which doesn't really translate into anything other than a cheap thrill. I don't pile up numbers of restaurants just to boost my ranking or view numbers. I do not receive any money for being #1. One doesn't see loads and loads of new restaurants on my site because I keep revisiting places I have been. On the other hand, I get the feeling that some of the bloggers go to a place once and never return. I love trying new places and when I find some that are great or foster a sense of community, I love to return, again and again.

2 comments:

Mr. Bill said...

Keep it the great work...love reading your observations!

Kelly said...

Thanks, Mr. Bill!