Monday, November 8, 2010

Fresco's Waterfront Bistro - downtown St Petersburg, FL




I was out for a walk with the family on a beautiful Sunday afternoon, and it was so nice outside that we thought it would be fun to stop in and have a drink on Fresco's waterfront patio. The patio was very busy with the nice weather, but we were still able to get a table. Sitting down, I noticed they have a bar on one side of the patio that was being well used by patrons. Also, I loved the cute destination signs on the front of the patio that point the direction and distance to different locations around the world. Best of all, it was very calming to watch the water and the boats in the marina.

Brunch was being served and our waiter gave us the day's drink specials. I ordered a nice, bubbly Prosecco and my husband ordered a beer. We weren't that hungry, but we did want to try the Cajun Curly fries and the Garlic Mussels. So, the mussels arrived and we weren't really overly impressed by them and I just thought they were okay and not something that I would like to try again. However, I did really like the Cajun Curly fries, which were nicely seasoned. I had asked for mayo to go with the fries and they don't serve regular mayo, but they do have a cajun seasoned mayo that really went well with the fries. So, if you try the fries ask for the cajun mayo because it is not normally served with the fries, but I thought it was yummy. My personal experience of Fresco's was that I would probably stop in again if I just wanted to enjoy some drinks on a beautiful waterfront patio, but not much else.

Fresco's Waterfront Bistro

300 2nd Avenue NE
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
727-894-4429

Fresco's Waterfront Bistro on Urbanspoon

No comments: