Tuesday, November 30, 2010

King & I - downtown St. Petersburg, FL





In the mood for Thai food on a lovely Saturday afternoon, my family and I took a walk over to the King & I restaurant located on Central Avenue. Being the middle of the afternoon, it was a bit quiet, but seemed to have a nice, steady trickle of customers, nonetheless. The restaurant is pleasing to the eyes, with its lovely bright colors. Our server put us in a nice booth with a good view of the restaurant and the sushi bar.

Our server was very efficient and quickly took our order. We ordered the spring rolls, the green curry, and the chicken pad thai. We weren't aware of it when we ordered, but apparently each entree comes with a small spring roll and soup, which was lovely because I really liked the soup. Next, our entrees. I really liked the chicken pad thai, but the green curry with chicken was my absolute favorite. It was refreshing with the taste of coconut and it had just the right amount of heat. There was more than enough food for the three of us to share and we enjoyed our dining experience.

King & I
445 Central Avenue
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
727-898-8056


King & I on Urbanspoon

No comments: