Saturday, August 27, 2011

O'Bistro - St Petersburg, FL






I just had a wonderful breakfast this morning and I am sure I just ate more than was good for me, but it was sooooo good that I couldn't help myself. The O'Bistro is located in a rather blah strip of shops that looks rather uninspiring and an unlikely source of good food. However, appearances can be deceiving, so we continued inside the restaurant where things began to look a bit more promising and you kind of forget at that point that you are in a strip mall. We were given seating at one of the booths in the middle portion of the restaurant.

O'Bistro offers mimosas and martinis if you like, but it was a latte and a plain coffee for us. We ordered the Creme Brulee French Toast, the smoked salmon omelette, and the reuben omelette. With the omelettes, there is a choice of potatoes or grits and a raisin muffin is also served with that. The french toast was made with thick slices of challah bread and served with hot syrup. It was fantastic and it brought to mind warm caramel rolls. The reuben omelette was also good with its corned beef and cheese, and just like your classic reuben, it too includes sauerkraut. I wasn't sure about sauerkraut in an omelette, but it was surprisingly delicious. Then there was the salmon omelette, which was perfect and bursting with a generous serving of smoked salmon inside. I don't want to overlook the sides because the grits, potatoes with onions and peppers, and the raisin muffin were excellent. We had a great breakfast and if I was going to pick on anything it would have to be the latte. If you are going to serve espresso drinks, they should be done right, or not at all because my latte was not very good at all. However, everything else was so very good that I would avoid this next time by sticking with regular coffee because I will definitely be back again sometime to try their lunch or dinner.

O'bistro
6661 Central Avenue
St Petersburg, FL 33710
727-381-1212

O Bistro on Urbanspoon

No comments: