Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Spice Routes - St Petersburg, FL





I can't tell you how happy I was when I heard that the Morean Arts Center in downtown St Petersburg would have a Spice Routes cafe in their art center. How handy to go and see the art and then stop and have a coffee and a treat, lunch, or perhaps even a wine or beer. There is a nice selection of salads, soups, sandwiches, and desserts on their menu. The space is gorgeous with all those windows. In one section, there is some nice leather chairs and a coffee table and some art books in the bookshelf along the wall. In the room next door, there is an abundance of tables and chairs. One Saturday, after my family and I had looked at the art, we went to the cafe and had some lattes and tried the cranberry muffins, which were delicious. My son eyed up the brownies, until he discovered they had nuts inside. This is a really nice place, and I will visit the cafe, even without stopping to see the art.

701 Central Avenue
St Petersburg, FL 33701
727-821-9993

Spice Routes on Urbanspoon

No comments: