Friday, July 23, 2010

Baby Cakes Cafe - St Petersburg, FL




I am ever impressed about the growing number of dining options in the Grand Central District. Baby Cakes is another new addition that opened around a month ago. We didn't even know it was there until we drove by, and we decided to stop in and check it out. Baby Cakes is plain from the outside, but step inside and it is a great little spot. My favorite thing was the art on the wall, which was really awesome. The server told us to sit down anywhere, so we made ourselves comfortable and looked over the menu.

We went with a glass of the house red, which was just okay. For lunch, my husband ordered the "Kentucky FRAUD Chicken" sandwich. The sandwich was delicious and was more than enough for two people to share, depending upon your appetite. Potato chips are served along with the sandwiches. My son ordered the Baby Cakes Burger. The burger was good, but there were other things on the menu that I preferred. For myself, I ordered several small bites, just to get a taste sampler. I ordered a cup of the "North of the Border" Chicken Tortilla Soup, which was very delicious and something I could easily make a meal out if I ordered a bowl, rather than a cup. From the munchies, I tried the Baby chicken empanadas and the beef stuffed potato balls. Along with the munchies, I ordered a side of the "Smokin" Chipolte sauce that went perfectly with the munchies. The munchies were both yummy and were perfect to share. Altogether, we were very pleased with this new dining option in the Grand Central District and look forward to stopping by in the future.

Baby Cakes Cafe
2444 Central Avenue
St Petersburg, FL 33712
727-289-7259

Baby Cakes Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments: