Monday, July 12, 2010

Mema's Alaskan Tacos - Ybor, FL




Mema's is known for their Alaskan Tacos. I was a bit curious about these because the filling and taco shell are cooked together. They do offer soft tacos, but as we had never been there before, we decided we needed to try the Alaskan tacos, as that is their signature dish. For myself, I ordered the beef Alaskan taco and a chicken tamale. My husband ordered the vegetarian Alaskan taco, which is only offered taco-rito style. Taco-rito style means the crisp Alaskan taco is wrapped with a soft tortilla. Along with that, he also ordered the cheese enchilada. My son wasn't interested in the Alaskan tacos, so he ordered a shrimp quesadilla. I wasn't very fond of the beef Alaskan taco because I didn't really like the fact that the beef was a flat patty. I did enjoy the chicken tamale a bit more. My favorite dish ended up being the vegetarian Alaskan taco that my husband ordered. That had a bit more kick and I liked the contrast of the crispy and soft shell. I am happy that we stopped in to give it a try, but I am not sure if it would be something that I would stop in for again. If I did, I would definitely order the vegetarian Alaskan taco. I would still suggest to anyone to stop in and give it a try and see what they think.

Mema's Alaskan Tacos

1724 East 8th Avenue
Ybor, FL 33605
813-242-8226

Mema's Alaskan Tacos on Urbanspoon

No comments: