Friday, July 9, 2010

Emilio's Bistro, Bakery, & Bar - downtown St Pete, FL




After noticing that Emilio's on Central Avenue was open, I was quick to head over and give them a try for breakfast. We had a warm welcome at the door and grabbed a seat at the bar, so that we could see all of the action as food is prepared. My son and I shared the breakfast sandwich on a croissant and we had our eggs prepared scrambled and topped with cheese. This was very hearty and delicious, even with two sharing. Along with the sandwich, my son tried the chocolate croissant and I tried a peach and blackberry tart. Both items from the bakery were delicious and we loved the fact that they warm up the bakery items before serving. Along with my breakfast, I had a very good espresso drink. We were so impressed with breakfast, that we decided to come back with my husband in the evening, so that we could try the stuffed burger.

Later that day....... So, we made it back in the evening with the whole family of scalawags present to try dinner. Again, we grabbed a seat at the bar to see the action. Now that it was evening, we were able to more fully appreciate how the warm decor and artwork created a really nice atmosphere. First things first, we ordered our drinks. They have a really well thought out selection of beers on tap and in the bottle. That evening I enjoyed a lovely German beer on tap, followed by a bottled Belgium beer. My husband went with a pinot noir from the wine list, which was very nice. Again, it looks like they put a lot of thought into their selection of wines, which offers the diner a nice choice. Next up........the meal.

Because it was dinner, they offer some specials that are served at dinner, but we were there for one thing only - the stuffed burgers. Or at least, my son and I were there for the burgers. My husband is a vegetarian and he was happy to see that there were a number of choices for vegetarians on the menu. He chose the caprese hot panini. My son chose a burger stuffed with cheddar cheese, and for myself a burger stuffed with brie and mushrooms. Between ourselves, we ordered traditional house fries and the vanilla sweet potato fries as our sides. We all enjoyed our food very much. But, WOW, that was some burger! And it is amazing the number of choices you have to stuff you burger with. I felt the one thing we were missing in downtown St Pete was someplace where I could go and get an amazing burger, and now we have it. Emilio offers a wonderful new choice for downtown diners. Welcome to St Pete!

Emilio's Bistro, Bakery, and Bar

437 Central Avenue
St Petersburg, FL 33701
727-258-4891

Emilio's Bistro, Bakery & Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments: