Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Shakespeare's English Pub, Sarasota


When in the mood for a pint, I head over to my favorite english pub in Sarasota. I have been going there for over a year now, and I always leave there happy. Although I go there for lunch quite a bit, I like to go in the evening best. In the evening it is lighted up with cheery miniature lights that are strung up along the wall, and the candles on the table cast a cheery glow. Grab a spot at the bar, or if you like grab a table and watch the crowd. It is a very inclusive crowd with everyone from college kids, the after work crowd, to a few families sprinkled here and there. If pool is your game head to the back and enjoy a game with your pint. The food here is pure comfort food with a emphasis on British fare. Some of the dishes I have enjoyed here are fish and chips, curried chicken and rice, and cottage pie. My favorite dish there is the pasties and they usually have the pastie of the day on the board. Whatever the choice of the day, I think they are all good. British fare not your thing? They make very good burgers with a combination of different and interesting toppings. The Brie sandwich with mushrooms, almonds, and red onions that are caramelized in balsamic vinegar, is yummy. They have some English, Irish, and German beers, among others, on draft. If you don't see what you like on draft, they have a large selection of bottled beers from around the world. Head over and grab a pint!

Shakespeare's English Pub
3550 S. Osprey Ave
Sarasota, FL 34239
(941) 364-5938

Shakespeare's English Pub on Urbanspoon

No comments: