Monday, April 13, 2009

Sunday Brunch at 5 One 6 Burns Restaurant in Sarasota


I recently made a discovery in an unassuming location behind a mighty banyan tree in a sweet little bungalow. That discovery was 5 One 6 Burns Restaurant in Sarasota. I might not have even known of this charming little restaurant if I hadn't felt the need to have my lunch with music. Thus, the search began. Geri X happened to be playing at 5 One 6 and I really wanted to hear her, as she the big up-and-coming artist in the Tampa Bay area. So, we headed over to the restaurant where we were warmly greeted. When we arrived, we were given a table inside. However, we really wanted to sit outside because Geri X was going to play under the banyan tree and we wanted to watch her. All the tables outside were full at that time, but when one became free, the waiter was nice enough to move us outside. Needless to say, the music was great!

Next, I need to move on to the food, which was delicious. We ordered the steak and frites and the prime burger. The steak was wonderful with its touch of barbecue sauce. My dad had a special way of grilling steaks and this reminded me of that. The prime burger was equally delicious. And the frites, or fries, that came with them were out of this world! All in all, it was a delightful Sunday brunch with good entertainment and I will definitely be back again.

5 One 6 Burns Restaurant

516 Burns Court
Sarasota, FL 34236
941-906-1884

5 One 6 Burns on Urbanspoon

No comments: