Friday, April 3, 2009

A Stop at Pastry Art Bakery and Cafe


Whenever I find myself in Sarasota in the morning, I love to make a stop at Pastry Art. This little gem is located on Main Street in downtown Sarasota. The shop is eye pleasing both inside and out, but the real pieces of art can be found inside its glass display case. There are so many items to choose from that I never know where to start. So far, I have tried the turnovers, almond financiers, chocolate chip cookies, lemon raspberry coffee cake, and various bars. Without fail, everything has been delicious. They also have a large number of dessert items to enjoy there or to take home for later. And did I mention the coffee? The guys make great espresso drinks and the coffee is very good, also. They also offer lunch and one can order soup, sandwiches, or a panini, but so far I have not been able to make it there for lunch. As a final note, I find the best time to go there is on weekdays because one is more likely to find a table to sit inside the cafe or outside on the sidewalk. If you go on Saturday, when the farmers market is going, finding a table is almost impossible and the line is long because Pastry Art is just that good.

Pastry Art Bakery and Cafe
1512 Main St
Sarasota, FL 34236
(941) 955-7545
www.pastryartonmain.com/

Pastry Art Bakery on Urbanspoon

No comments: