Monday, April 6, 2009

Tapas at Ceviche Tapas Bar and Restaurant


For those of you who don't know what tapas are, think appetizers or appetizer sized entrees. The thing I love about tapas is that it allows you to try a wide variety of flavors and one is not confined to just one entree. The tapas are especially good at Ceviche Tapas Bar and Restaurant. There are four Ceviche locations, but I have only been to the locations in downtown St Petersburg and downtown Sarasota. The downtown St Pete location is a really nice location and you can take your tapas inside or outside, however I tend to enjoy sitting inside unless I am there having breakfast. I have only been to the the Sarasota location once, and on that occasion I went up to the third floor bar. On that particular night, I wanted to dine as well as listen to the great music that was played by Italian singer Silvia Wakte. Thanks for the great music Silvia!!! Both locations offer a really nice vibe.

Now for enjoying the tapas, first grab a glass of wine or the sangria and sit back and don't rush things. If you like, you can start out with a couple of tapas and then order more as you go along because Ceviche is definitely a place to sit back and relax, talk with your friends, and share tapas. I always like to have some of the seafood tapas, such as the salmon, mahi-mahi, calamari, or the garlic shrimp in olive oil. The prime fillet with mushrooms and the quail are especially delicious. Oh, I forgot to add that keep that bread basket handy because it is great for dipping up some of the olive oil or sauces in your dishes. And after all that, if you still have room for desert, try the tres leches cake(three milk cake) which is deceptively simple, but absolutely divine.

As I mentioned above I have been to the St Pete and Sarasota locations. In both locations, the servers were very friendly and always made sure my drinks were filled. In St Pete, my food always comes out hot and delicious. However, on the one instance that I dined in Sarasota, not all of my food came out as hot as I would like it and I am not sure why. However, I plan to try the Sarasota location again and see if that was just a one time fluke. This is a really beautiful restaurant and I want to give them another try. Another plus about both locations is that they never make one feel like they want to push you out of your table and it is yours as long as you want to enjoy it.

Ceviche St Pete
10 Beach Dr
St Petersburg, FL 33701
727-209-2299

Ceviche Sarasota
1216 1st St
Sarasota, FL 34236
941-952-1036

Follow-up: I went to Ceviche in Sarasota again because I wanted to see if the food would turn out as good as it does at the St Petersburg location. And while it was good, it still was not as hot as it needed to be for complete enjoyment. This might have been because we dined in the Flamenco room on the third floor. The main dining room was on the first floor and the trip up to the third floor might not work. As the music was good, however, that might be a place to go if one only wants to have some drinks and listen to the music when they have live music playing. I guess it is back to the St Petersburg Ceviche that I know and love.



Ceviche - St. Pete on Urbanspoon

No comments: