Wednesday, April 21, 2010

the Cupcake Spot - downtown St Petersburg, FL


When in the grip of a cupcake craving, and no time to bake some at home, I like to head over to the Cupcake Spot that is located on Central Avenue in St. Pete. A cute little spot, with a big display case filled with delicious options. The hardest thing that there is about going in there is how to decide which cupcake I want to eat. I take almost as long as my son to decide. Just the other day, I enjoyed the Better Than cupcake. This was a chocolate chip cupcake topped with cream cheese frosting and a few small chocolate chips on top. I love cream cheese frosting, so I was very happy with that selection. I also, tried the Tuxedo cupcake, which was a yellow cupcake topped with vanilla frosting on one side, and chocolate frosting on the other side. The Tuxedo was very good, but I still like the Better Thans cupcake best. There is only a couple of tables inside, but most people do what we do and just grab a cupcake and eat it as they walk along on the sidewalk. Or they can pack it up for you to take home. If you need something to drink, they offer milk and coffee.

405 Central Avenue, #102
St Petersburg, FL 33701
727-825-0572



Cupcake Spot on Urbanspoon

No comments: