Friday, April 16, 2010

The Waterfront Restaurant - Anna Maria Island, FL




My son and I needed to go to Bradenton one day, and once we were done with what we had to do, we figured as long as we were already that far, we might as well head over to Anna Maria Island to visit an old favorite of ours. When we used to live in Bradenton, my family and I liked to head over to The Waterfront Restaurant quite a bit for Saturday lunches or Sunday brunches. Located on the north end of Anna Maria Island, one might miss it if they didn't know it was there because you do need to take a turn to find it. The restaurant was originally a 1922 cottage and one can appreciate the feel of that when you visit. There is a cozy fireplace inside for cold Florida evenings, but on the beautiful day that my son and I were there, we chose to dine out front on the porch. From the porch, we enjoyed a beautiful view of the gulf and you can almost pretend you are on vacation with the relaxing environment.

For lunch, my son enjoyed the mini beef hot dogs and fries from the children's menu. Usually one to order from the grown ups menu, he went back to the simple pleasures of an earlier, younger time, but he was a happy camper! For myself, I ordered the Fish tacos made with seasoned seared grouper and served with pico de gallo and red coleslaw on the side. The tortillas were grilled which was delicious and also meant that the tacos held up to the end. The fish was perfectly seasoned and with the addition of the pico de gallo, it was fantastic! It was hard to leave that wonderful view after finishing our meal, and I hope we have reason to venture over that far again, and soon.

111 South Bay Blvd
Anna Maria Island, FL 34216
941-778-1515



The Waterfront on Urbanspoon

No comments: