Tuesday, April 6, 2010

India Grill - St Petersburg, FL


If you find yourself in downtown St Petersburg, and feel in the mood to enjoy the food from the Indian subcontinent, stop by India Grill on Central Avenue. When you first step in the door, the restaurant's interior decoration and Bollywood music videos playing on the tv set the mood for the food to come. My family and I like to stop by for the lunchtime buffet, in order to enjoy a variety of dishes. On my last visit there, the buffet included a number of items: chicken tandoori, butter chicken, chicken curry, vegetable curry, dahl(lentils), spinach with paneer(cheese), rice, and naan (flatbread). If you have never tried food from the Indian subcontinent, this is a good way to try a variety of menu items to find what you like. Although I would have preferred my food to be a little spicier, this is a matter of personal preference, and I think they offer very good food here. I especially enjoy the dahl and spinach with paneer that I have tried in the buffet and I can't get enough of the naan. Mmmmmm.

India Grill
409 Central Avenue
St Petersburg, FL 33701
727-894-6789


India Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments: