Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Rollin' Oats Market and Cafe - St Petersburg, FL


I love to support local businesses and one of my favorites is the Rollin Oats Market and Cafe. They have two locations with one in Tampa and one in St Petersburg. The St Petersburg location is the one I frequently use and it is conveniently close to downtown. They offer organic foods, whole foods, nutritional products, and a host of other items along with a cafe in the back.

There are a number of things I like to get there. I like to bottle my water there or grind my own peanut butter. They have a beautiful fruit and vegetable isle. I like to get bulk items from the bins, such as: granola, nuts, dried fruits, rice, flour, etc. They really have a large selection of bulk items. Oh, and check out their spice rack where you can weigh and buy bulk spices. This way one can buy the spices they need and not worry about them losing their flavor after staying in the cupboards for years. And the cheese section, oh my! They really have a large selection of local and international cheeses and this is my FAVORITE place to get cheese because of the variety and reasonable prices. Right next to the cheese, there is a large selection of single bottles of beer from the US and international brews. That is great for trying new beers, when you are not sure that you want to buy a whole six pack.

The last spot I want to mention is the cafe/deli in back. Their is a case filled with different entrees to take for dining at home. Or perhaps you need a quick lunch, you can order a sandwich or something at the counter. I usually like to stop and get some of the baked goods. One of my favorites is the lemon bars, which go great with an afternoon cup of coffee. My son is partial to the chocolate-chocolate chip muffin.

I feel like there is so much more I could say about Rollin Oats, but it is probably best to go out and see it for yourself. And, pssst..........they are way better than that "other" national chain. Shop local, yay!

Rollin' Oats Market and Cafe
2842 9th Street North
St Petersburg, FL 33704
727-821-6825

Rollin' Oats Market & Cafe on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey. Great read maam. It is cool to know that there are places like this. They seem to have lots off stuffs that are really great for cooking.