Sunday, April 11, 2010

Kahwa Cafe - downtown St Petersburg, FL


I am absolutely in love with Kahwa Coffee's 2nd location that opened up in St Pete. I enjoyed going to their other location, but the second store has some added extras. First, Kahwa Cafe is a nice, bright space with huge windows overlooking the street. There is more room at the cafe, which means more tables. Also, don't forget to check out the cool art on the wall. Since Kahwa has opened, I have attended two art openings there and can't wait to see what future artists will be showcased there. I was happy to see the addition of a small lunch menu. You can order a soup, salad, or a sandwich. So far, I have tried the Grilled Chicken with Brie, arugula, and lindonberry jam. Also, the mozarella with tomatoes, basil, and a basalmic vinagarette. Both sandwiches were made on baguettes and I loved both of them, but particularly enjoyed the Grilled chicken sandwich. I think it was the lindonberry jam on the grilled chicken sandwich that really made the sandwich.

For those of you who have enjoyed the croissants at Kahwa's other location, you can still enjoy those at the cafe along with a few extra options to fulfill your sweet tooth. I have tried the brownies, which are delicious. Another bakery item that I spot in the case from time to time is the berry and lemon bar. When it is there, I always get it because that is my favorite. And I love the service there and how they remember what you drink when you walk in the door. Best coffee in town!

204 2nd Ave South
St Petersburg, FL 33701
727-821-1942




Kahwa Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments: